We put the concept of commitment at the centre of our brand because we view it as a crucial component of any operation’s success. Where specialised teams are working alongside each other on an overall plan, they need to be able to believe in the strength of that plan and commit to making it happen. If they don’t, things can fall apart.
Identify the problem
In our experience, a key challenge when implementing any management operating system (MOS) is that often people don’t believe the plan is:
- able to adapt to inevitable changes that may arise during the project.
It’s fair enough to feel this way. Why commit to something that seems fundamentally flawed?
Find a system that works
Our view is that an excellent frontline planning system can change this. Traditionally, planning has been done on spreadsheets and whiteboards – tools that aren’t equipped to reliably pull together production, maintenance, rostering, training and safety information into comprehensive, accessible shift plans.
Our vision of an excellent “commitment management system” is one that:
- provides a single, integrated view of what’s planned for everyone on site – daily and weekly
- shows targets that can be adjusted based on how a project is progressing
- details the commitments made by each team, and shows when those commitments are delivered on
- is visible to everyone working on a project, in a format that’s easy to use and understand
- is cloud-based, accessible on mobile and enables real-time updates.
Your teams deserve more than convoluted spreadsheets and messy whiteboards. Turning your current MOS into something far more useful can be as simple as implementing our Fewzion scheduling software. Fewzion helps create organised, engaged and productive workforces by:
- making it quick for planners to build a well-thought-out plan
- simple for supervisors and crews to be involved in the plan and to get the work done
- easy for managers to understand and improve performance.
When your teams are truly committed to delivering scheduled work and can see their results and progress, you boost productivity and strengthen your business.